How to use MethodKit
The kits are in your hands. You decide how to use them, there is no right or wrong.
MethodKit is an open-ended tool you can use in many different situations and workshop settings. Below you can explore 30 tried and tested ways to use the kits. If you want to know more you can download & print our planning tools below.
Using MethodKit for […]
These cards help you structure, discuss & develop projects. Below are a few ways the kits can be used.
Agree or disagree?
Decide on importance
Make an agenda
Using MethodKit with […]
These cards help you ideate, brainstorm and talk about new ideas & concepts. Below are a few ways the kits can be used.
Combine & discuss
What if… & How might we…?
Using MethodKit with Selection Criteria
These cards help you sort ideas & other cards. Below are a few ways the kits can be used.
Here is a list of tips and tricks to help you along the way.
- Check out The Kits to get a deeper understanding of MethodKit.
- To lay out the cards on a table is a good start.
- Pick them up and move them around, create your own structure.
- Letting people write ideas alone in silence works better than you think (and it’s more effective to begin with.)
- Combine writing in silence, followed by working in pairs and group discussions.
- Don’t stay stuck too long on one card. Move along and keep momentum.
- Download for free (or buy the real deal) MethodKit on Workshops to think about the different elements & exercises of a workshop.
- Download (or buy) MethodKit for Workshop Planning to discuss how you want the workshop to function.
- The kits are your co-facilitator. They structure and guide participants where you might not.
- Having the right material (and the right tools) are key to running a good workshop. Make sure to think about what you need.
- A big table (alt. many small) or plenty of wall space will work wonders.
- Use post-its or a big roll of paper underneath.
- Use blu-tack to put them on walls.
- Thick pens makes it easier for people to read what others have written.
- Get grids, worksheets & game boards at the download page.