We spent a couple of weeks in Athens, working with a few brilliant people to create a tool for self-organized refugee houses. A way to talk about everything that needs to be done to get a house up and running and everything that comes with that! Running each location is a big organizational challenge. The typical housing projects in Athens accommodate between 100-400 people. Resources are scarce and it operates on (more or less) a zero budget and is dependent on donations of food and supplies.
Big thanks to Lauren, Hussein & Eleni for making this project possible.
- Help people to collaborate around how to organize a house and all that comes with that.
- A sign system for rooms & things in the house.
- Using the cards on a dashboard to organize a community living together.
- Facilitate (inter-cultural) communication between people speaking different languages (English, Greek and Arabic).
- A tool to introduce people to what could and what needs to be done in the house
- The design is made as a coloring book so kids can draw on the symbols making them their own along with having fun
THE TRANSLATION FILE
We need your help to translate and proof a tool for refugee housing.
(If you want credit later, please write in your name, also good for us if we have questions!)
YOU WANT A PRINT-IT-YOURSELF COPY?
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org