MethodKit Brainstorming Bundle contains 6 decks in A6 format, especially suited for the hackathon & idea mashup format. It has been argued that new ideas essentially are new compositions of already known bits and pieces, and that the capacity to bring these elements into new combinations largely depends on your ability to see relationships. The combining of cards from our different libraries will allow you to do exactly this.
We been testing the new A6 format since summer 2013. We think it’s optimal format to use in education, facilitation and lead group discussions with. The A6 (or iPad mini) format has the benefit of being visible on distance or on a wall but the convenience of being portable and not taking too much space to lay out on a table during group discussions.
A conservative estimation of the possible card combination would be around 128,5 billion at the lowest, but that’s only the case if all decks are used.
- MethodKit with Trends, Volume 1+2 (100 cards)
- MethodKit with Tech Building Blocks, Volume 1 (120 cards)
- MethodKit with Human Needs, (63 cards)
- MethodKit with Personas (50 cards)
- MethodKit with Locations (50 cards)
- MethodKit with Business Models, (68 cards)
- MethodKit with Global Challenges (65 cards)
The MethodKit with […] are libraries of different things within a specific category. MethodKit with Trends is one example:
HOW TO USE
The kits can be used in many different ways.
Example 1.) Mashup workshops / hackathons
- Decide what you aim to solve or develop
- Place the cards on a table. (tech/trends/human needs/personas/locations/global challenges)
- Discuss the different pieces.
- Combine 2, 3, 4 or 5 cards. For example (Technology+Trend+Location or Technology+Technology+Technology.) Write down the idea on a post-it. Do this individually or in group.
- Combine again until good result is achieved or time is up.
- Refine and enhance the ideas you have come up with.
- Present the best solutions from each group to the larger group.
Example 2.) Use a grid to prioritize
Use a grid to understand how different bits (eg. trends) affect your organization and industry. Are you prepare for the things that impact your industry the most? Come up with ideas around things that have a big impact, but you’re not prepared for.
Number of cards: 513 cards, (50+63+120+100+50+68+65)
Size (HxW): 168x110mm
Paper: Matte laminated heavy paper 350g/m3
Package: Paper box.
Included: Matte coated sticker, folded instruction sheet
Large, ~A6, Medium, ~A7